An “indoor phone system” called


I want to install a phone system that I can "call" within my house. What I mean is that I want to call my wife from my home office to my kitchen using a phone system; then my wife can use the phone system in the kitchen to answer me. It is better if it is wireless. What should I call that? Do all indoor phones have this function?

Best Answer

This would be an intercom system, not a phone system. Most modern intercom systems have the ability to program rooms. If you need to use actual phone numbers than you are looking into getting a phone switch and multiple phone numbers from your telco (very $$$).