I'm thinking about painting my basement's walls with some concrete sealer (before finishing the basement) and floor with epoxy paint. Many people are doing that, but I'm concerned about moisture in the concrete. The outside of the walls are covered with some black stuff which is a moisture barrier. If I paint the inside of the walls, I will lock moisture inside the concrete for ever – will it affect concrete in any way? What about mold in the concrete? I heard something about concrete breathing – does it apply here?
- Basement – Do I need more than just Drylok to insulate concrete basement walls before framing out some walls
- Water – Vapor and moisture barrier for “above ground” basement
- Basement – Drylock First or Anti-Mold Paint First
- Basement – Plywood over rigid foam over concrete: will I have moisture issues
- Concrete – Pros and cons of painting basement walls in the unfinished sections