Drywall – What might be a good way to fix this damaged drywall(?)


I had 2 3M Command hooks on my wall. When I was removing the hooks, I damaged the wall, as you can see in the photos below. I wonder what might be an easy/good way to patch the damage. Thanks!

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

Best Answer

It looks like one layer of paper has separated from the other. The paper surrounding the tearout has loose flaps of paper around it too.

Remove all loose paper and give a tight skim coat or two of paste spackle, sand smooth, prime and paint.

Wall fix

You will be wise to get a 4" drywall knife to help in this. The little 1" knife that is considered a putty knife are good for nail holes and window glazing. Check out a YouTube tutorial on drywall paper tear repair