I'm trying to troubleshoot a Ring doorbell that doesn't seem to be charging from the doorbell wires. I wanted to use my admittedly cheap multimeter to check the voltage that the wires are getting. My question is, how do I set it up? The transformer says 16V / 10VA on it. This is a picture of how I've set my multimeter. Is this correct?
- Electrical – Trying to find the transformer for the doorbell
- Electrical – Switching wiring from one transformer to another
- Electrical – Doorbell transformer location problem
- Electrical – Why doesn’t a doorbell work after a power outage
- Electrical – What Transformer for Smart video Doorbell
- Electrical – Is it ok to pigtail different gauge transformer wires with a 15 amp circuit