I have a '96 manufactured home I'm getting ready to sell and most of the outlets and switches are a tan color that doesn't work with the color scheme I'm changing it too, plus they just look dirty. I just pulled the first switch out to find they used a switch that has little plastic feet to hold it to the wall and no electrical box. I'm wondering if there is feet like this that I can buy and use with a standard switch, or if I am going to have to put electrical boxes behind every single outlet and switch to be able to replace them?
- Electrical – How do 5 light switches in 2 boxes with all black wires work
- Electrical – Should I replace “backstab” light switches
- Electrical – Crooked light switches in loose electrical box needs fixing
- Electrical – How to replace a double switch (single-pole and three-way) with separate switches
- Electrical – How to determine how the outlets and switches were wired after I removed them all
- Electrical – How to align electrical boxes/plugs
- Electrical – Garage light switches don’t always work