Electrical – What do flanged power inlets attach to


What does a flanged inlet like the one in the picture mount on/attach too?

I need to mount it on a 1 or 2 gang standard receptacle box. Does it need a certain type of mounting plate?

image description

Best Answer

Flanged devices like that would usually be mounted to a piece of equipment, a hole would be cut in the panel of the equipment and then the flange would be screwed/bolted to the panel .

Physically you could almost certainly cut a hole in a blank box cover and then bolt the inlet to it. Whether that would comply with regulations in your country or whether you need to look for an inlet that is specifically designed for installation rather than equipment use I could not say.