Electrical – wire a secondary 240V breaker box for lab equipment from Europe

240vcircuit breakerelectrical

I have a dental lab in Europe and might want to move it to the USA. Some of the equipment rates as high as 4kW, and the the total maximum draw is 15kW for the whole lab. Can I wire a secondary breaker box in a building in the United States that is all 240V?

Best Answer

Yes. The bigger problem is going to be if any of the equipment requires 50 Hz or is not approved here (e.g., Commercial U.L. or whatever code and insurance requires for a dental lab).