How would you put up/frame a wall where the 2×4 studs are turned flat to make the wall 2" thick? One especially tricky thing is that (it seems that) all nails must be toenailed since a 3.5" long 16d nail isn't long enough to attach the 3.5" tall plates to the studs. Are there any suggestions on how to avoid toenailing or how to toenail effectively with a nail gun so that they go in at the right angle to grip well, not split the 1.5" thick wood and not stick out the other side?
- Bottom plate 2″ wide, but need 4×4 post
- How much weight will a 1.5″ long wood screw support when screwed into stud
- Splicing wall plates at doors and windows
- Walls – How does framing a very tall non-structural wall differ from framing a standard height non-structural wall
- How to make flush cuts to a precise depth
- Use corner brackets to rebuild a wall frame that has the horizontal 2x4s extended in an adjacent room