My in-laws have a Mailbox that's a normal looking metal mailbox that's in a brick enclosure. It appears that when it was built, someone just put down mortar, set the mailbox in it, covered the mailbox in mortar and then bricked around it. Fifteen years on the box is rusting and the door has broken off. Any hope of replacing this mailbox somehow or do we just need to tear down the whole brick column and put in something new for a new mailbox?
- Should I hire a mason to repair wall damage with incorrect brick
- Concrete – How to effectively clean existing bricked columns
- Concrete – Laying bricks over old concrete sidewalks
- Walls – How to replace thick set tile with wall
- How to keep brick face clean when applying fresh mortar
- How to prevent bluestone mortar from degrading so quickly