I have a 40 foot deep 6 inch drilled well. Currently it has an old 3/4 horsepower jet pump, but it is shedding bits of rusty metal into the return pipe which are getting clogged in the foot valve. Everyone is recommending that if I have to replace the pump, I switch to a submersible, but nobody can say why other than "they are better". What are the actual benefits of a submersible over a jet pump (other than being capable of greater depth which doesn't matter here)? Do I need to get a 3/4 HP submersible, or would a 1/2 be fine since they say they do 12+ GPM at 40 feet?
- Plumbing – Should Water Sediment Filters Come Before or After Water Softener
- Float switch as emergency cutoff for well pump
- Overflooding because the tons of rain? or is the WELL- PUMP broken
- The difference between a cheap and a more expensive submersible well pump
- Well pump issues for irrigation system
- Water – Choosing a well filter for household use