We are are planing to replace our 3rd floor porch and I have a question about the orientation of the boards. What is the purpose of the board that is parallel to the siding and perpendicular to all the other boards (marked in yellow on the picture). Is to ensure a proper seal to the siding? Is it required? I am mainly asking because it complicates construction.
- Sealing seams between outdoor composite decking
- How to frame the side cantilever joist for deck
- Adding a pergola to an existing deck
- Wood – Painting new boards installed on old front porch
- Flooring – Porch flooring: vinyl click & lock planks an option
- How to double up an existing single beam without disturbing the structure