Repair gouges in a particle board desk


A few years back, I bought a $500 studio producer desk. It's made of particle board and has been through more than a few moves and has received a proper beating over the years:


Is there any way for me to repair this, now that it's been done? I thought of possibly using something like Bondo, but this seems like overkill. Do I have any other options?

Best Answer

Depending on how closely you're going to try to match the original finish (or if close enough is close enough) you could use wood filler. This product is basically saw dust and glue. Most of them are stainable, so you could fuss with it to match your desk's finish.

This is an example, I am not affiliated in any way with any company in the link, just the first thing on google.