Replace a spiral window balance with a constant force balance


I have old vinyl windows from '79 that currently have 24" long 5/8" diameter spiral balances. They have the red tip. Can I replace these with constant force balances?

Best Answer

As a manufacturer of all three types of window, balances, Caldwell are uniquely positioned to have insight into you question.

Does this look like your balance? Its Caldwells' EZ Lift series enter image description here

Unfortunately, their constant force balances require a much different mechanism, so a new window would likely be needed. enter image description here