I am removing the siding on my house in Montana, which was built in 1964. From inside out I have sheetrock, 4" studs with R-11 paper backed fiberglass insulation and gypsum board sheathing. I want to add 1 inch rigid foam insulation and reside with steel siding. Should I install a vapor barrier between the existing sheathing and the new rigid foam insulation?
- What are the vapor-barrier options under Hardie siding
- Should I replace the house wrap when re-siding
- Removal of Plastic Vapor Barrier
- What type of interior vapor barrier is appropriate in the southern US
- What sort of vapor barrier should I install when residing an old wood-framed building
- Install Insulation board in the interior wall with House wrap on the exterior
- Vapor barrier on Bathroom tub exterior wall(s)