What to use to funnel floor air vent in cabinent for proper air flow


I ripped the "floor" of the kitchen cabinet out to reveal that all along, my vent was funneling air like this, an open hole. The circular opening is about 6 inches across both ways. I need to funnel it into the air vent but don't know where to start. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking something like this but it just seems like there has to be better angled things I could use?

enter image description here

Best Answer

An air conditioning supply warehouse could fabricate a metal duct for you. Cut a cardboard template before you go. They will like you for that.

Alternatively, you could just fashion something yourself out of air duct foam board and foil tape, both of which should be available at your local hardware store.