I have steam pipes behind a wall that I loosely packed R30 batt insulation against. Is there a possibility that the insulation will ignite?
- Basement – Should I add batt insulation to concrete basement walls
- Plumbing – Are uninsulated steam pipes behind walls and touching beams a fire hazard
- Replace batt insulation or leave it
- Is it ok to peel paper from faced fiberglass batt insulation
- SheetRock touching the heating pipe
- Is it ok to enhance pipe insulation with fiberglass batts
- Is it okay to insulate some but not all steam pipes coming from boiler