Wood – type of screw is this


This cylinder-like screw is screwed into an opening on the inside of a table. It basically "locks" into the screw that is facing down from the top.


Kind of like this:

enter image description here

I'm trying to get them out, yet I can't find advice because I don't know the name of it.

Best Answer

These are usually a cam lock assembly. The insert needs to be turned about a half rotation to release it from the cam bolt.

Here is a picture of what one of these things look like.

enter image description here