Learn English – a good word that means “group of groups?”


If you have a bunch of groups of different things, and you group the groups into a bigger group, what do you call the bigger group?

Best Answer

You can use the word supergroup to refer to a group of subgroups. The super- prefix is the opposite of the sub- prefix.

Wiktionary defines supergroup as:

Any group composed of other groups (in any of several contexts)