A group of us were forced to figure out how to perform a task with little to no instructions. The closest phrase I could come up with is "trial by fire", but this is for use in a cover letter for a job. Is there a less colloquial way to express this concept? "Learn on the job" came to mind, but we didn't really have a supervisor to go ask for help.
- Learn English – A more formal way of saying “pointing out”
- Learn English – Formal alternative for “take on board”
- Learn English – More formal alternative for “get a handle on sth.”
- Learn English – What’s a more formal way of saying “I’ve got just the thing”
- Learn English – Alternative term for “fire and forget”
- Learn English – Non-racial alternative for “Chinese fire drill”
- Learn English – Formal alternative to bullsh-t