Learn English – Alternative phrase/term for ‘middle men’


I head up a support team.

In some situations I refer to some issues where support act as 'middle men' between the clients and the developers.

This seems sexist (females in the team), but I cannot find a better term.
Any ideas?

Best Answer

The most literal synonym is go-between. A better and more formal-sounding term would be intermediary.