I'm not a native English-speaker, so I'm not sure how to "correctly" phrase the following…
When you learn something new about a person, than makes you look at him "with new eyes" – and perhaps re-evaluate his previous actions (or rather your interpretation of them… a revelation that "tilts your world".
I have a few suggestions myself, but I don't know which one(s) – if any – would be "correct" English:
- Seeing NN with new eyes.
- Seeing NN with different eyes.
- Seeing NN in a new light.
- Seeing NN in a different light.
- Seeing NN with open (or perhaps "opened") eyes.
- …any other that springs to mind?
PS: I would prefer something with "eyes" – unless that would be totally non-English…