Learn English – Describing the sound of liquid hitting the floor


I'm searching for a word describing the sound of liquid hitting the floor, nothing like water — more like milkshake/vomit.

I know this sounds strange, but I was thinking of plunge. Only to discover that it's more in use for people diving into water…

Best Answer

This comes to my mind:

splat 2 informal noun a sound of something soft and wet or heavy striking a surface : the goblin makes a huge splat as he hits the ground.

Could apply to a quantity of water, I imagine. Also, it's a 19th century abbreviation of splatter, which might also work.