Wikitionary mentions offhand that "q.v." is used to reference material, but the definition it gives is far too sparse for my taste. My question is, what does "q.v." stand for and when should one use it? How does it compare with "cf.", for example?
- Learn English – Can we use the abbreviation “etc” without a period/full stop
- Learn English – How does one call a person who is next in line within a business process
- Learn English – Abbreviation “mm o.c.” in construction (spacing of ducts etc)
- Learn English – Should one use “of” when abbreviating “number of…” using “no.”
- Learn English – Term for a misspelled word, where the “misspelling” is a correctly spelled but out of context word