I can pronounce the english "r" properly in most words but it sounds closer to a "w" when it follows a "g" and sometimes "k" sound. The words that are the most problematic for me are agree and agreed. When I normally say "r" I pull my tongue back and touch the teeth with the sides of the tongue. Should I point my tongue tip up? And how can I practice this?
- Learn English – How to pronounce the “v” sound
- Learn English – Should /l/ sound be always pronounced completely
- Learn English – Confusion about how to pronounce the “dark L” consonant sound
- Learn English – is it possible to raise the tip while raising the back and lowering the center of the tongue when making /R/ sound
- Learn English – Must the tongue contact the alveolar ridge anteriorly in order to pronounce /t/ properly
- Learn English – Do native english speakers use both the retroflex and bunched “r” sound