As a non-native English speaker, I have a bit of trouble finding the plural of the word 'lettuce'. In my own language (Dutch) it doesn't have a plural at all, and 'lettuces' simply sounds funny to me. Is that just a feeling, or is this word actually not really being used? Would there be another way of expressing the same thing (i.e. bunches/pieces of lettuce), what would be the word of quantity for lettuce?
- Learn English – In soccer, is there “a goal” or “goals” at each end of the pitch
- Learn English – Usage of ‘commas’ vs ‘commata’
- Learn English – Plural or singular noun when it refers to two things in a list
- Learn English – Why is the plural of “aircraft” not “aircrafts”
- Learn English – Plural of “radiation”, “reflectance” and similar words