In the following conversation from the Gilmore Girls episode "The Breakup, Part 2," what is the meaning of nailed:
Summer: Tristan, stop.
Tristan: You are making me chase around the party.
Summer: Just trying to have fun.
Tristan: You won't talk or dance with me. Why the hell did you come
with me to the party?
Summer: Stop yelling.
Tristan: Summer, please, can we just go?
Summer: No, I am sick of fighting with you.
Summer: I think we should break up.
Tristan: I want to go outside and talk about this..
Summer: Then go. Bye.
Tristan (to Rory): You just loved it, don't you?
Rory: loved what?
Tristan: Seeing me nailed like that.
I did the research. Here is what I found:
pin someone down (on something) and nail someone down (on something)
Fig. to demand and receive a firm answer from someone to some question. (Alludes to shifting from answer to answer; commit to one answer or another.)
- I tried to pin him down on a time and place, but he was very evasive.
- Don't try to pin down the mayor on anything!
- I want to nail her down on a meeting time.
Punching them in the face.
- "Man I really nailed that guy in the face."
Or having sex with them
- "I'm telling you dude, I totally nailed that chick last night"
Or if you catch someone in a crime or want to
- "I'm gonna nail that bastard who shot my partner"
Or accidentally hitting someone with a nail gun
- "Oh man I'm sorry dude I didn't mean to nail your face to the dog"
So it would be like "punished" when doing something wrong. Right? The last one seems to be closer in meaning. But I am not sure.