When watching medical television shows, I often hear the doctors (actors) using the term "stat", which I understand to mean "do [action] quickly/immediately". Where did this term originate, and where is it derived from?
- Learn English – the meaning and etymology of ‘scut’ from ‘scut work’
- Learn English – Origin of the term “High and dry”
- Learn English – What do you call the first doctor that a patient meets
- Learn English – Meaning and origin of “dog whistle” (e.g., Trump’s Assassination Dog Whistle)
- Learn English – the origin of the phrase “on edge”