Learn English – What do you call an individual who tolerates criticism


Is there an English word to refer to someone who tolerates (or welcomes, accepts) criticism given about them? Is there an adjective to use for such a person?

Best Answer

You might say they are thick-skinned, if the criticism is particularly harsh or undeserved. Assuming a more constructive environment, you could say something like receptive to criticism or open to feedback. If they actually try to alter their behavior to correct for past mistakes, you might go further and say they are responsive to criticism.

Related Topic