The question "Naming conventions for ERC-20 instancies" got me wondering:
How many Ethereum-based tokens are there, and how does this compare to the number of tokens on other platforms?
- Public, main (ETH) network only;
- I'm not counting ETH as a token itself, though strictly you could argue it is;
- ERC-20/ERC-223 or otherwise;
- By "other platforms" I mean other, non-interoperable, blockchains;
- I'm loosely defining "tokens" on other platforms, be they backed by smart contracts or otherwise. (…Which now has me questioning: "What is a token…?")