I'm having difficulty doing this. I have access to things that are supposedly magma-safe, such as Alunite but when I try to build a floodgate using my Metalsmith's Forge, Alunite is not on the list of materials I can use to make it. I can't see any way to smelt it either. I think I have another few stone types that are magma safe as well, but they are not on the list either. What am I doing wrong?
- How to efficiently manage chains of tasks in Dwarf Fortress
- How to build a windmill in Dwarf Fortress
- How to build above-ground fortress features
- How to prepare/build the fortress to handle large populations
- Water on top of slowly receding magma and obsidian-based floor formations – flow control
- How to design the channel work for magma forging to prevent magma crabs and building destroyers from interfering with production
- Will trees (trunks) ever consume in magma and how much do they need to be submerged in for that to happen