I can't get past ~150.000 points. Is there any magic trick or is it just getting long fever times?
How to get a high score greater than 150,000 in Tiny Wings
UPDATED: I wasn't really satisfied that my previous answer was correct, so I spent some time experimenting. I was partly right and partly wrong.
- I traversed the 1st island with the screen pressed nonstop. It took approximately 60 seconds for the day/night division line to move from 90° (vertical) to approximately 20°.
- I traversed the 2nd island with the screen pressed nonstop. It took approximately 35-40 seconds for the day/night division line to move from 90° (vertical) to approximately 20°.
- I traversed the 3rd island with the screen pressed nonstop. It took approximately 30 seconds for the day/night division line to move from 90° (vertical) to approximately 20°.
- Conclusion: The sun goes down progressively faster on each island.
- I performed Experiment 1 with a nest multiplier of x0 and x23. Results were extremely similar.
- Conclusion: Nest level does not appear to affect the speed of the sun.
- I went off the island 1 to island 2 jump at minimum speed. The sun went backward approximately 70°.
- I went off the island 2 to island 3 jump at minimum speed. The sun went backward approximately 35°.
- Conclusion: End of island jumps push back the sun, regardless of speed. These boosts diminish on each consecutive island (and appear to be gone completely by the 3rd or 4th jump.)
- I traversed nearly all of island 1 in fever mode. The sun moved backward approximately 10-20°.
- Tried slides, cloud touches and coin collecting. None of these activities, individually, appeared to have any effect on the sun.
- I deleted and reinstalled the game for Experiment 2, and I noticed that I was able to get to mid-island 7 pretty consistently, regardless of my much lower nest multiplier (and total score). So it appears that speed, not points, cause the sun to roll back or slow down.
- Conclusion: Going fast can push back the sun. Slides and cloud touches don't seem to have a major effect on the sun, although these are tied up with speed. This speed effect may also diminish on later islands, or it may simply be countered by the sun setting faster.
- Bonus Conclusion: There is a limit to how far the sun can be rolled back, about 90° backward from the starting position (with the sun just beyond the left edge of the screen).
Always prevent a slide out of a valley by holding your finger down at the lowest part of the dip. But let your finger off after coming out of the valley to get some height and speed. When you hit the ground, again hold your finger down to prevent a slide. Repeat.
Basically, you're letting your finger off at the very last moment of leaving a valley and holding it down on the way in to prevent a slide.
With a x26 multiplier, your goal should be around 25k per island. You need to keep fever for the entirety of the first island and before landing on island 2 you should be nearly 30k. Try your hardest to touch the clouds as often as possible during fever as well, it will be over a thousand points each.
There isn't much more to say other than keep your fevers as long as possible. If you're less than 75k after reaching the 4th island, just restart. You'll have the first couple islands memorized quickly (until the next day). Might take a couple days, but you'll get there.