The question is:
- Which charm spells (Charm Person, Suggestion, Geas, Dominate,…) are affected when the caster of the charm is in an Antimagic field,
- what if somehow the effect became permanent somehow (via Wish or some future mechanism)
- how the spells are affected,
- would the caster be aware the charm was broken (Yes, Answered in the linked questions, but its not broken, see answers), and
- is this different from the caster dying?
I am rather sure that in previous editions the charms would end and the caster would be unaware the charm ended, making for some interesting possibilities, unless that was just a previous house ruling of a DM.
How do the 5e edition mechanics handle these issues?