If a player uses Divine Smite on a creature, and unbeknownst to them, that creature is a fiend or undead, does the character learn this? If not, how does the DM ensure that the rules are fair, without the player learning due to the extra damage?
- [RPG] Does Rage Prevent Divine Smite
- [RPG] Are you allowed to stack Divine Smite and Eldritch Smite on the same attack
- [RPG] Does the paladin’s Improved Divine Smite do additional damage to fiends and undead
- [RPG] How does the paladin’s Divine Smite damage interact with a Zombie’s Undead Fortitude trait
- [RPG] Does Improved Divine Smite trigger when a paladin makes an unarmed strike
- [RPG] Do natural melee weapons (from racial traits) trigger Improved Divine Smite
- [RPG] Can a paladin use Divine Smite with unarmed strikes, but not Improved Divine Smite