The rules packet does not provide any specific rules about flanking. However the rule does say that the DM has lots of leeway in deciding when to give advantage or disadvantage in combat. Should it be understood that flanking always gives advantage, or is the DM supposed to only give advantage when there is "clever flanking"? What is the best way to handle "flanking" in D&D 5e?
- [RPG] House rules for defensive reactions – possible balance issues
- [RPG] Does Flanking grant advantage on melee spell attacks
- [RPG] Who benefits from flanking
- [RPG] Balance implications of removing unseen-attacker advantage when mutually unseen
- [RPG] ny way to actually impose disadvantage (not just cancel advantage) on saving throws against spells for a creature with Magic Resistance