So I am building my first D&D character, it's a Barbarian Mountain Dwarf, and I'm trying to figure out what weapons he is proficient with, but in the Barbarian section it says that he his proficient with Simple and Martial weapons. Does that mean he is proficient with all weapons? And if not, then what weapons does it mean?
[RPG] Does proficiency in both simple and martial weapons mean the character is proficient in all weapons
- [RPG] ny way other than multiclassing for a wizard to gain proficiency with all martial weapons
- [RPG] Can natural weapons be simple or martial weapons
- [RPG] Is a Pact of the Blade Warlock proficient with all weapons of the same kind as their wielded pact weapon
- [RPG] What weapons are there besides simple and martial
- [RPG] Improvised weapons and proficiency
- [RPG] If I’m proficient with a bastard sword, does that qualify as being proficient with a martial weapon
PHB p. 146:
A weapon in 5e can be either simple or martial. You can also check the table at p. 149. If you are proficient with both categories, then you are proficient with all weapons (except unconventional improvised weapons, which need the Tavern Brawler feat in order for you to be proficient).