According to the MM skeletons are animated by dark magic. They heed the summons of spellcasters who call them from their tombs. The magical energy motivates a skeleton to move and think in a rudimentary fashion. I assume that a similar effect animates and controls all undead. So if I cast dispel magic on a skeleton or any other undead do they cease to be animated and can't move or act?
- [RPG] Is this homebrew “Skeleton” race for Curse of Strahd balanced
- [RPG] How many undead skeletons can a PC command and/or control
- [RPG] In Curse of Strahd, how does Dispel Evil and Good’s “Dismissal” option affect undead not native to Barovia
- [RPG] Is the “Bone of Animation” magic item in Mordenkainen’s Tome of Marvelous Magic unbalanced
- [RPG] Would swapping Sacred Flame to Toll the Dead for Evil NPCs affect balance