So I got inspired to think about a fighter or rogue character that uses Two-Weapon-Fighting with two very light weapons and using a buckler strapped to each arm, or at least some lengthy advanced arm-guard covering the whole forearm and hand. What boons and penalties with sufficiently picked race, stats and feats would one get with that setup, as well as: Is that even allowed?
As far as I went for a level 1 character:
- Stats: 16 STR, 16 (14+2 Human) DEX, 13 CON, 12 CHA
- Feats: Two Weapon Fighting, Double Slice, Bonus Feat
- Equipment: Short Sword + Dagger + Buckler + Buckler
- Attack Roll: Main Hand: +4 -2 = +2 , Off Hand: +4 – 4 = +0
- Damage Roll: 1d6 + 4 , 1d4 + 4
- AC: 10 + Armor + 3 (DEX) + 1 (Shield) + 1 (Shield) – Though the Shield bonus falls if I do an attack as far as I read the rules about bucklers …
What ways are there to improve this concept?