I've been toying with the idea of adding sound to our typical sessions. I was thinking about throwing in some sounds for atmosphere's sake, like some of the following:
- Birds chirping/water running in the wilderness
- Muffled conversation or music if they're in an inn
- Roars or battle cries of any creatures they may be facing
- Thuds of arrows or the sounds of any spell being cast
It seems like these could make a big difference in the realness of the game:
GM: Do you dare venture into the evil dragon's lair?
sure, why not! He can't be that tough…
(GM clicks button): RAWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Uhhhh…second thought, let's stock up on healing potions first…LOTS
of healing potions….
- Has anyone tried this before, how did it turn out?
- Did this add to the overall immersion without detracting too much from narration or what the players are actually doing?
- Where did you obtain good sounds to use?
- What other sounds did you use that added value?