Some times things are just too much of a fun/stupid combo idea not to try your darnedest not to work out.
What is the best way to make a Cleric that literally only does healing/buffing? Is this even a viable idea, or will it just serve to completely annoy the rest of a group?
- A healing/buffing/restoring centered human Cleric
- No Archetype, because mostly I just don't care for any of the existing Cleric archetypes
- I'm looking at the Resurrection and Protection Domains, though I can't find a deity that grants both so that might have to change.
- Oh yeah, did I mention the twist? She's going to be a pacifist.
- This means absolutely no damaging spells and no attacking with a weapon. From a roleplay perspective, this will be tons of fun. From a game perspective, I may have just taken one of the best classes and made it nearly useless.
What's On the Table
Healing. Lots of healing. Even more healing.
Roleplay spells. The more merciful the better. Creating water and food? Oh definitely.
Removing Negative effects. Seriously, lots of this too.
Charms. I'd rather do this more as a roleplay perspective (What's better than the enemy you just faced resurrecting you?), but Command, Forbid, Geas, and etc. are all on the table.
Basically anything else that can be used mercifully.
What's Useful for the Answer
- Feats. I'm having a hard time coming up with useful feats. A lot of spell feats seem to rely on damage dice and I can't tell if they would also effect healing dice. Considering that I don't want to attack either, this leaves me actually low on feats to select.
- Spells. Ideas and options for spells are always welcome. The Cleric spell list comes with a ton of ones I know I can use, but inventive ways to use other spells to not hurt is more than welcome.
- Personal Experience. If you've done this, or at least something close to this, it's going to help a lot more than speculation. If you had a negative personal experience, I want to hear that too. The goal is to design a healer/support Cleric that doesn't raise ire the first time you don't go up and whack around the enemies.
- Multiclassing/Prestige Class options. This is completely optional and not needed. I'm perfectly intending to go with pure Cleric levels, but it goes back to personal experience. If you had an experience with a multiclassed Cleric/X then use it in the answer as well.