I believe that you are supposed to add the strength modifier or dexterity modifier depending on if it is a melee weapon or if it is a ranged weapon respectively. Then add the proficiency bonus if they are proficient in the weapon. All of this is added to the roll of a d20. Am I correct?
- [RPG] Are Missile Attack bonuses added to Attack or Damage rolls
- [RPG] How to understand the Starter Set attack roll
- [RPG] difference between attack rolls and attack bonus for spells
- [RPG] For a basic unarmed strike, is only the proficiency bonus included in the attack roll, or is the Strength modifier also added
- [RPG] What modifiers are added to the attack and damage rolls of this unique longbow from Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
- [RPG] Dhampir bite attack, does it add both STR and CON