We will be playing simple campaign. No classes, feats etc that are not in 3 "base" books. Especially, we will try to stick to Player's Handbook. Starting level 2.
I was thinking that:
- You can ride if mount's size is one larger than your own
- Wolf is medium
- Druid can have a wolf from the beginning
- There are two PHB races that are small: halfling and gnome
I rolled pretty amazing character:
Male Halfling Druid 2 Strength 10 (+0) Dexterity 16 (+3) Constitution 13 (+1) Intelligence 17 (+3) Wisdom 18 (+4) Charisma 15 (+2)
I think I should max Handle Animal and Ride. It will give me nice:
Handle Animal 7 = 5 ranks + 2 Cha Ride 10 = 5 ranks + 3 Dex +2 [handle animal synergy]
But how do I make my wolf ridable?
- My animal companion will have one bonus trick. But can I use it for Train for purpose: Riding or Train for purpose: Combat riding? Is "train for purpose" an equivalent of a trick? Or can I train my wolf using Handle Animal skill alone, without using tricks?
- Does he count as ill suited as a mount and gives -5 to tests?
- Do I need exotic saddle, or riding dog saddle would fit?