Here's the scenario:
- Creature A is invisible, in an empty room, in an arbitrary location in the room
- The room is adequately lit (call it Bright Light, for the sake of argument)
- Creature A is trying to hide (they make a Stealth Check).
- Creature B enters the room.
- Creature B is not actively searching for Creature A, so their Passive Perception is compared against Creature A's stealth check.
Does Creature B's Perception check have Disadvantage?
Answers should not make assumptions about what the rules should do or what they were intended to do. Nor should they make assumptions about how rules interact with each other. Please stick strictly to the rules as written only.