This is another Warlock Homebrew I've been working on at my table for a player in an upcoming game. We'll be starting at 5th level in a puzzle heavy dungeon.
I'm fairly sure that at 5th level this is probably going to roll along nicely. How does the balance look at later levels?
My major goal here was to create a Warlock that was not great for level 1 dips but rewarded the Warlock who stuck around till the endgame with their class. I imagine a kind of Aladdin character stuck in a cave with a lamp forming a relationship with their patron, much like the Disney film.
The Genie Patron
Expanded Spell List
The Genie lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you
learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock
spell list for you.
- 1st: Identify, Absorb Elements
- 2nd: Maximilian’s Earthen Grasp, Rope Trick
- 3rd: Lightning Bolt, Remove Curse
- 4th: Wall of Fire, Polymorph
- 5th: Cone of Cold, Creation
Genie’s Lesser Wish
Starting at 1st level, you can invoke the power of your patron to
grant you a benefit, depending on the kind of Genie your pact is with:
- Djinn – As a reaction, add your warlock level to a saving throw that
- Efreeti – As a bonus action, add your warlock level in fire damage to
a spell or weapon attack roll.
- Marid – As a bonus action, add your warlock level to a skill check
- Dao – As a reaction to a creature being attacked, add your warlock
level to a that creature’s AC until the next round.
You may use the Genie’s Lesser Wish feature once per long rest.
Starting at 6th level, you may use the Lesser Wish feature twice per
long rest. Also, you gain resistance to particular types of damage
associated with your patron:
- Djinn – Lightning & Thunder
- Efreeti – Fire & Radiant
- Marid – Acid & Cold
- Dao – Bludgeoning, Slashing, & Piercing
Starting at 10th level, you gain increased mobility, depending on the patron you have chosen:
- Djinn – You gain a flying speed of 15 feet.
- Efreeti – Your walking speed increases by 10 feet.
- Marid – You gain a swimming speed of 30 feet
- Dao – You gain a burrowing speed of 15 feet.
Starting at 14th level, you may use the Lesser Wish feature a number
of times equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 2 uses).
Additionally, choose one of the resistances granted by Miraculous
Protection; that resistance is now an immunity.
At 17th level, you may choose the Wish spell as your 9th level