How can I build the highest damage per round martial ranged character following these requirements?
- Muticlass is allowed.
- Level 15.
- Any race other than human.
- DMG, EE companion, SCAG and some Unearthed Arcana are allowed. (see below).
- Psionics, favored soul, alternative ranger or rune magic ARE NOT allowed.
- No magical items being considered.
- Point buy.
- Evil. No good favored combinations (e.g. Aasimar Paladin oath of devotion).
- Classic dungeon crawl scenario (No room for aarakocra flying ability, etc).
- Do not consider other party members.
- All feats allowed
- Use Martial Ranged Weapons
What I mean by survival: Good AC plus tricks/spells/mechanics to avoid damage and keep distance.
The adventure will be a one-shot. So basically no long rests and one or two short rests, top. The idea is to build the ideal between high DPR and staying alive while at distance. I don't mind the dip into caster classes, but the damage must come most from ranged attacks, so I guess fighter, rogue and ranger are the way to go. I never made any character that uses ranged weapons, so I'm a bit in the dark here trying to min-max it.