I'm in the process of building a character who works as a hired assassin of the ranged flavor.
My idea of the perfect assassin is one that can be undetected and unload a massive amount of damage before the enemy has a chance to react.
I'm locked into being a Drow and starting at level 14, but everything else is up for grabs. I went with rogue since it seemed to fit my concept of an assassin best. Below is my current build.
Level 14 Drow Rogue Build: Cunning Sneak Background: Hired Killer (+2 stealth) PP: Cloaked Sniper Ability Scores: STR 11, CON 11, DEX 24, INT 18, WIS 9, CHA 14 Feats: Weapon Proficiency (Superior Crossbow), Crossbow Expertise, Weapon Focus (Crossbow), Skill Focus (Stealth), Bravo [Multiclass Bravo], Backstabber, Unerring Ambush, Merciless Killer, Slaying Action Stealth: +30 At-Will Powers: Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Chameleon Encounter non-attack Powers: Darkfire, Deadly Knowledge, Bravo's Prey, Spot Weakness Encounter attack Powers: Fitting Demise, Fleeting Spirit Strike, Snap Shot, Sudden Bolt Daily Powers: Bewildering Assault, Blinding Barrage, Staggering Assault Items: Learning Superior Crossbow +3, Dynamic Belt, Shadowdancer's Mask, Shadowdancer's Gloves, Skull Bracers, Leather Armor of Dark Deeds +3, Boots of Stealth (Paragon Tier), Periapt of Cascading Health +2
Here's a summary of what this build allows me to do:
- No penalty to stealth for moving more than two squares. (Cunning Sneak)
- Only -5 penalty for running while stealthed. (Cunning Sneak)
- If I end movement at least 3 squares from my starting position, I can make a stealth check if I have concealment or cover. (Cunning Sneak)
- When hidden and I miss every target on an attack, I remain hidden and can shift 1 square. (Cloaked Sniper – Unseen Shot)
- When hidden and I lose cover or concealment, make a stealth check vs. passive perception to remain hidden without cover or concealment until the end of my next turn. (Chameleon)
- +1d6 damage to attacks while hidden (Shadowdancer's Gloves)
- When I attack an enemy with combat advantage, I gain concealment until the end of my next turn. (Armor of Dark Deeds)
- Daily reroll stealth with +3 bonus (Shadowdancer's Mask)
First Round Stuff
- Combat Advantage against foes who haven't acted yet on first round (First Strike)
- Roll twice and use either result on first round attacks (Unerring Ambush)
- While hidden, use Spot Weakness (+4 dmg to next hit), Bravo's Prey (+2 attack and damage until end of encounter), and Skull Bracers (+1d10 damage on next hit).
- Surprise round to use Bewildering Assault for 3d10+1d6+3d8+181.
- On second round, use Fleeting Spirit Strike for 2d10+1d6+3d8+232, Action Point Fitting Demise for 3d10+1d6+3d8+273, Snap Shot for 1d10+234, Sudden Bolt for 2d10+235.
- If bloodied, add 4 damage for Deadly Knowledge and 5 per hit while bloodied (Merciless Killer)
Total Damage: 11d10 + 2d6 + 9d8 + 114 = Average 222 damage + any bloodied damage
1: 2[W] + 1d10 (skull bracers) + 1d6 (shadowdancer's gloves) + 3d8 (sneak attack) + 12 (base) + 2 (bravo's prey) + 4 (spot weakness) 2: 2[W] + 1d6 (shadowdancer's gloves) + 3d8 (sneak attack) + 12 (base) + 2 (bravo's prey) + 5 (vulnerable) + 4 (Learning weapon) 3: 3[W] + 1d6 (shadowdancer's gloves) + 3d8 (sneak attack) + 16 (base) + 2 (bravo's prey) + 5 (vulnerable) + 4 (learning weapon) 4: 1[W] + 12 (base) + 2 (bravo's prey) + 5 (vulnerable) + 4 (learning weapon) 5: 2[W] + 12 (base) + 2 (bravo's prey) + 5 (vulnerable) + 4 (learning weapon)
Are there any ways to increase my stealth or damage? Is there anything illegal about this build?