So, I'm experiencing some confusion which is likely a result of a lack of original sources for the feats and features involved.
- Level 11 Paladin
- Divine Bond chosen to be a mount.
- At level 11, Paladin's Divine Bond Mount is given the celestial creature simple template and becomes a magical beast for the purposes of determining which spells affect it (may be relevant).
- Has the choice of whatever feats are necessary to make this happen.
The feats I suspect that I may need are any to all of the below:
- Monstrous Mount
- Monstrous Companion
The Unicorn is:
- Listed as an available Cohort in Leadership under Magical Beast Cohorts
- Not listed as a Monstrous Mount under Monstrous Mount Choices
- Not listed as a Monstrous Companion under Table: Bestial Cohorts
So, my questions are:
- Is it possible to use these three feats in some combination to make Unicorn an available Divine Bond option?
- If not, is it possible with other feats and if so which other feats are necessary?
I want to emphasize that I want the Unicorn to be my Divine Bond animal (i.e. an Animal Companion). Simply purchasing a Unicorn on the black market is not a valid answer to this question.