Since touch attacks are against a lower AC they are easier to land than normal ones.
Are there reliable, affordable weapons that go versus the touch AC, or actions that anyone can take with a similarly reduced difficulty challenge?
Notes (Even more chaotic info here)
- Provide fast healing 5 to as many party members as possibly by use of Life Link.
- Heal self as swift to keep from dying (lay on hands – cure light wounds once those run out)
- Use standard/move actions to support allies and/or interfere with and/or damage enemies. (Such as aid another for +4 to hit or AC)
- Has to be able to be effective against Big Bads of Evil (using Smite, for dramatic effect perhaps using his lance while riding a riding dog or such — most recently by slapping a really powerful heal spell on something undead).
We won't be playing past lvl 15, so only 3 stat increases, thus one or three uneven stats with boosting-intention are optimal.
- STR: 13 DEX: 16 CON: 14 INT: 12 WIS: 7 CHA: 18 (increase Str, Cha, Cha), or
- STR: 13 DEX: 14 CON: 14 INT: 12 WIS: 7 CHA: 19 (increase Cha, Str, Wis), or
- STR: 14 DEX: 14 CON: 14 INT: 12 WIS: 7 CHA: 18 (increase Cha, Cha, Wis)
High Strength is too expensive (14 pre-belts is doable), while high Dex doesn't seem useful enough as Heavy Armor is planned for preserving the HP-Bloodbank that is his body and as the only important DEX skill for him (riding) will be aided by Shining Knight archetype which takes away Armor Penalty for Riding (gives CHA to Saves for Animal as well). A quite few things (like lay on hands and saves and more) depend on charisma, so I want it very high.
Combat Reflexes/Body Guard with a long spear (and spiked gauntlets) would make the higher dex slightly more worth while, since beating an AC of 10 for +4 to AC is doable and useful.
Anyway, the question here really was only if there were weapons/actions that go vs touch AC.