I don't understand, thematically, why a sea creature would be immune to lightning. Where exactly does a Kraken gain its immunity to lightning from? My players are going to fight a Kraken soon and I'd like to be able to say something other than "your lightning bolt deals no damage" if a player uses a lightning spell but explain the in-universe reasoning for it.
- [RPG] a spell slot in-lore, and how does it justify the limits on casting spells
- [RPG] How to prevent a single-element caster from being useless against immune foes, as a DM
- [RPG] What happens when exhaustion passes 6th level on an immune creature
- [RPG] What lore exists to explain tieflings with blue skin
- [RPG] Cutting Words timing when playing online