I know that a Mind Flayer is an Illithid, and vice versa. And I know in some of the D&D fiction, like Forgotten Realms and the like, that Mind Flayers refer to themselves or their race as Illithids, but where does this distinction originate from?! Why are there two names for one species/monster?
- [RPG] Where does the Duergar’s growth power come from
- [RPG] How are Githyanki effective against Mind Flayers
- [RPG] How to reference a Monster Manual stat block in an OGL adventure
- [RPG] known about tabaxi language and terminology, particularly the word “tabaxi” and the name of the Cat Lord
- [RPG] Were the gith originally human before the illithids enslaved them
- [RPG] How did the Duergar break free of the Mind Flayers