This technique has been used by my family for decades but I'm wondering how safe it is to kill Botulism spores.
- Step 1, cook the spaghetti sauce in a large pot (tomatoes, meat, fruits, vegetables, sugar, spices, etc). pH unknown.
- Step 2, Fill mason jars with water. Bring them to a boil by putting them in the oven.
- Step 3, Put the boiling sauce in the jar.
- Step 4, Put the mason jar lids on but not fully closed.
- Step 5, Put the mason jars in the oven and bring the sauce again to a boil.
- Step 6, Close the lids and wait until the lids become sealed.
- Step 7, Wait until they cool down before storing them at room temperature.
Thanks in advance!